Who doesn’t like to extend bday celebrations?! I mentioned a few weeks ago that curlBox celebrated their first birthday and how much I just love and adore them. Well now I’m giving away a bday edition @curlbox!
To win, share some hairspiration on Instagram! It can be photos of you with a dope protective style, photos showing your hair journey or anything else natural hair related that will inspire us natural beauties. Be creative! Contest ends next Sunday 3/17. Make sure to tag your submissions #TVEcurlBoxInspiration so we can see! Let’s get to inspiring!
Curly Nikki, BitchieLife, Hype Hair, Juicy Magazine, Sophisticate’s Black Hair and numerous other publications were as thirsty as our tresses to get the 411 on hair care from celebrity hairstylist Shedelle Holmes. I recently sat down after an in-home hair session (my first hair cut/straightening since my big chop!!!) with the beautiful young professional to chat it up on her career, lessons learned, life changing events and of course hair care. Check us out.
I hope you enjoyed our interview!! If you loved and want more of Shedelle’s tips, to see some of her celebrity work (believe it or not, I’m not her most awesome client. I know, shocking right?!), or to book your own appointment be sure to check her out at www.ShedelleHolmes.info.
This month, one lucky winner will be getting the Macadamia Natural Oil Luxe Travel Set! Perfect for traveling for the holiday season, this set includes:
- 3.3oz Rejuvenating Shampoo
- 2oz Moisturizing Rinse
- 1oz Healing Oil Treatment
- 3.3oz Deep Repair Masque
- 2oz Nourishing Leave-In Cream
- Healing Oil Infused Comb
- Travel Bag
To win, you must:
- Be following both @TVE_MsVixin & @Hair_ByShedelle
- Retweet the following “Thanks to @TVE_MsVixin I have a chance to win some of celebrity hairstylist @Hair_byShedelle‘s favorite products p.ost.im/p/dStHxS!”
Finally did it! Thanks to all of you fine folks and beautiful faces who helped me reach my goal on the TVE Facebook page! I’ve waited a long time to post this, so I’m going to jump right to it.
Over the year, I’ve posted about different products I’ve loved, liked, and left behind. If you’ve been interested in trying any of those products, or know you yourself love some, here’s your chance to get your hands on them! All you have to do is leave a comment under this post telling me which products would be in your dream shopping cart and suggest something new for me to try! Here are the rules….
- The product in your “cart” has to be product I’ve mentioned/reviewed at some point on my blog (they can all be found under the Curls and Coils Chronicles section. Give in to your inner product junkie and see what I’ve gotten my hands on!!)
- Suggest a new product for me to try. It can be a brand I’ve tried, but the product itself has to be something I haven’t mentioned or reviewed on the blog yet. If you’ve found the products you want to put in your cart and don’t want to scour the entire blog for a list of products I’ve already tried, suggest more than one! The chances I haven’t tried it are pretty good. Also, if you leave your comment early enough, as in not the last week of October, I’ll make sure to let you know if I’ve tried the product you’ve suggested so you can suggest something different.
- You have to be following two of my social media accounts (doesn’t matter which two. They’re all listed in the sidebar to your right. Your right is this way –>)
- You have $100 to spend, so have fun! Don’t worry about tallying up prices as you “add items to your cart.” Just know that if you win, you can pick whatever you’d like from your list, as long as it doesn’t exceed $100 including shipping and taxes.
That’s it! One lucky winner will get their dream cart purchased for them! In a nutshell, I’m giving you $100 to shop product I’ve mentioned on my blog! Have a favorite product in common with me? Stock up and get a few bottles! Want to try totally new product on someone else’s dime? Go for it! Will it be Carol’s Daughter? Ouidad? Karen’s Body Beautiful? Curl Max? Miss Jessie’s? I’ve mentioned and reviewed a ton of products so your pickin’s are good! The contest ends October 31st. Don’t forget though, if you hold out too long to leave your comment, you may miss the opportunity for me to advise you on your new product suggestion.
For the love of glitter, PLEASE follow directions!! I think this is a pretty simple giveaway, and I’m always open to questions. If you want anything cleared up, or aren’t sure, ASK!! Chances are, someone else may wonder the same, so never be afraid to ask a question. I can’t wait to see what you all chose & suggest! GOOD LUCK!!
I’ve raved to you all plenty of times before about one of my favorite accessory lines to frequent, and nothing has changed! I’m still a go hard for Absynia! In the wee hours of this morning/late last night Elle, the self-taught designer behind the line released Absynia.com! This new site is your one stop location for any and everything you could want Absynia. Social media, shopping, events, sales; anything related to this boho and ethnic inspired line of jewelry, vintage fashion and home decor for both men and women can be found here.
Especially exciting now, is the release of this fall’s 2012 Sankofa collection. Inspired by the African diaspora and cultures within, Absynia is a well crafted family of one of a kind handmade pieces that still maintain a global appeal. Elles’ designs are fashioned to stand out and ensure that you don’t blend in with the “trendy” pieces that you often see everyone else laden in. An Absynia piece is not simply stylish and affordable, it’s cruelty free, hand crafted and high quality.Read More»
So I decided to have a birthday party
This year, I’ll be entering my rockstar year, 27. As I’m sure many of you know, many of our worlds greatest artists met their fate at this tender age (e.g. Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse), joining The 27 Club. LORD knows I don’t wan’t to join THAT club, but looking at how these people affected our world in such a short time, I see I’ve got a lot more work to do (totally sans the hard drugs and alcohol abuse). Sunday, August 12 join me, my host Naté “Little Miss MTV” Jones and Mr. 8000 himself DJ GMoney at Tase of Honey in Hempstead, NY as we welcome me, Ms.Vixin into my 27th year. Might as well begin it right.Read More»